8.19.2007

North Harbor Hot Hundred

Yesterday (Saturday 8/18), I rode 66 miles in the North Harbor Hot Hundred bike ride. Alongside with me were Jason Cottingham, John Person, and Person's dad. It was pretty crazy because the farthest that I had ever rode until yesterday was a meager 25 miles. Overall, the ride went very well. We came out blazing the first 25 miles, averaging 20.1 mph. Most of it was flat and there were a few downhills, and for most of it we were working a 4 man paceline or riding in a larger group. We took a rest stop after 25 miles, and then then another one at mile 54. After the first rest stop, a nice girl named Andrea joined our group- she is a member of the Tri Club at Alabama, and she was a very strong rider. Right before the second rest stop, I thought my quads were about to start cramping, but luckily they did not. With about 8 miles to go, Person's dad, Andrea, and I started working a 3 man pace line and we were hauling- and with 3 miles left I separated myself from them and started to hawk down 2 men that I saw in the distance. I ended up passing them on the last hill, and I sprinted the last straightaway to finish in style.
Race Stats:
Distance- 66.02 miles
Time- 3:38:45
Avg Speed- 18.11 mpg
Max Speed- 38.7 mph

No comments: