8.05.2007

I Win!

My Dad and I played another round of golf at Bentbrook today. I won by a decisive 3 strokes, shooting a 90 to his 93. I actually was up 5 strokes with 5 holes left to play, but he closed the gap ever so slightly thanks to my blow-up on the par three 16th. Whereas a 90 is a good score for me, it could have been better. My goal was to hit the high 80's, and had it not been for 2 instances that found my ball in a sand trap, I would have shot an 86. It took me 3 shots each time to get out of the trap. Besides those 2 holes, I played one of the most solid rounds of golf that I have ever played. I did have to incur 1 penalty stroke, however, when I barely missed clearing a pond by about 2 feet (I hit a very fat 3 iron). Anyways, in my book a win is a win.
Tomorrow, I will be heading to Atlanta, GA to attend the Project Revolution Tour, which headlines Taking Back Sunday, Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, and Saosin among others. I can't wait! Unfortunately, I will most likely be making the trip alone, due to an unexpected schedule conflict of a friend. If anyone wants to go, let me know!

No comments: