8.13.2007

The Bourne Ultimatum x 2

Moose, Eric, Stephanie, and I went and saw The Bourne Ultimatum, my second time to do so. I'm usually not one of those 2x-movie-watchers, but the movie is just so good.
As for the rest of today, I managed to move all of my stuff to the room upstairs to make room for my brother Keith who will be living downstairs in January. It wasn't too much stuff, but I took my time, going through around 75 to 100 songs on my iPod, which I set on shuffle mode. I also made a trip to Cahaba Cycles to pick up some tubes that they forgot to put in my bag which I picked up the bike.
One interesting thing that happened today was a call that I received from The Productivity Center at The University of Alabama. They were one of my possible jobs for the summer, but they offered me a job after I had already accepted with UPS. It was kind of random that they called me today, but oh well. I talked with a guy named Jason Hatter (I think?), an IE graduate from 1998. He asked me if I had any simulation experience, and I said that I had (while trying not to laugh). On top of a simulation course that I took last Spring (of which I was the first person in 2 years to make an A...I was joined by 2 other classmates in this feat), I also employed my simulation knowledge in our Senior Design course last Spring. Fellow classmate Jordan Johnston and I teamed up to complete a stellar computer simulation of the Children's South facility. Children's South is a branch of Children's Hospital, and it is located at the Acton Road exit off I-459. Anyways, the simulation was a masterpiece. Hatter told me that they were in need of some simulation knowledge, so we are having a meeting on Friday morning to discuss some possible work. After doing some thinking and consulting, however, I am not sure if I really want to tack on 10 hours of work to my schedule, but we will see.
At around 5:30 p.m., my Dad and I started biking to the church in order to meet up with a group of people that usually ride on Monday night. We took the Patton Chapel route to the church, and after meeting up with about 6 or so other bikers, we headed out. We actually ended up doing the rest of The Purple Onion Loop, a loop that Jamie, Phil, and I named because it passes by The Purple Onion on Highway 31. After heading back to the Preserve, the group turned to head back to the church up Patton Chapel, and I headed with them to get one last climb in. I turned around when it started getting dark, almost to the point where we usually turn off. The whole trip ended up being 18.6 miles or so.
As with today, I plan on floating through tomorrow and the rest of the next week and a half until school starts. I am eating lunch with Eric and MiMi (my grandmother), and I will probably continue to pack some stuff up. I want to go for a ride, but I don't know when. Eric, my Dad and I are going to try to play the Short Course at Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, but that will not be until 4 or 5 p.m. If that doesn't pan out, I will probably ride and then go to The Basement. Either way, tomorrow should be very relaxing.

No comments: