7.31.2007

Work, The Basement, and Friends!

Work was pretty busy today. We are in the final stages of preparation before implementing our solution for the Smalls Sort area, a plan that will be carried out tomorrow. Tomorrow is going to be a 7:00-7:15 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. workday, approximatley13 hours (after taking out lunch and dinner). Good news is that I probably will be off on Friday. Yay.
I headed out to The Basement tonight by myself after a few failed invites, but I ended up meeting the Britt sisters and Gina out there, 3 very amazing people that are very fun to be around! The worship was good, as it always is, and afterwards we headed to the bowling alley some others. I did not bowl, but I did eat a massive chocolate sundae with an enormous amount of whipped cream and a cherry on top. I can't wait to go back to Tuscaloosa to see all of my friends.
I just received word tonight that a fellow crew member, boat member for 2 years, and good friend Anderson Renaud just got engaged to his long time girlfriend, Brittani Tingle. They are both excellent people, and I am very happy for them.
I have read the first 26 chapters in the book of Genesis on my quest to read the Bible before I graduate. I am 35 pages in...approximately 2.44 % complete. Already, I have seen the amazing power of God with his Creation, his ability to keep all promises that he makes, and also his wrath. If I could sum it up in one word, it would be...MIGHTY. How can you not fear?
On another note, I have finalized my choice for my first road bike purchase. I will be getting a 2007 Lemond Alpe D'Huez. It is named after the mountain range in France on which a very brutal stage of the Tour de France is usually held. From my best research, it is pronounced Alp-ey-du-ez. However, I am not completely sure about this. Cahaba Cycles did not have the 2007 in stock, but I was able to test ride the 2006 model. I took it up a fairly decent hill right beside the shop, and I really enjoyed the way it climbed. What's even better is that the 2007 is going to be an even lighter bike! I am going to OWN hills with this thing.

No comments: