7.22.2007

Weekend

For whatever reason, whenever I am about to leave work, I always get assigned a last-minute task that causes me to stay past my regular departure time. Friday was no exception, but that wasn't a surprise because we were pretty busy with Harry Potter stuff. When I got home, I went on 3.5 mile or so trail run in the blazing heat, stopped by Birchtree to cool off, skipped lifting weights, loaded my car, and headed down to Tuscaloosa to move into my new apartment.
I moved all of the stuff that I had packed up last weekend to my new place at River Run over in Northport by City Cafe. Of course, it was raining the whole time, but I managed all right. After moving some stuff, I hung out with Jordan and some people for awhile, before heading to see Marley for the last time for who knows how long, sad!
Keith headed down on Saturday morning with a truck, and the rest of the day proceeded as follows:
-load all of Keith's furniture into truck
-take truck to my old apartment
-load all of my stuff
-drive to my new apartment
-unload all of my stuff
-drive to Jamie's apartment
-load Jamie's and Eric's furniture (in that order)
-drive to Eric's new apartment
-unload all of Eric's furniture
Of course I am making this sound like more than it actually was, but it was a good solid 3 hour job. I was reminded of memorable moves from last summer, when I worked for Gentle Giant Moving Company up in Boston, MA. After moving all of the furniture, I headed back to my old place to put the rest of my random crap in my car and to help Matt, Jimmy, and his Mom clean our apartment, as our lease will run out on Tuesday. After cleaning, I dropped off some stuff at my new place, and then Jamie and I watched Stage 13 of the Tour de France, which was a time trial. Alexander Vinokourov from team Astana completely dominated everyone, but Michael Rasmussen was still able to hold on to the yellow jersey, despite historically sucking at time trial stages.
Today was pretty uneventful. Jamie, Phil, Matt Martin, and I biked the Purple Onion loop this evening, averaging right at 16.0 mph for the 15 mile ride. I set a new personal max speed record will riding down Hackberry, hitting 45.6 mph. It was freakin' scary. I'm going to bed.

No comments: