6.17.2007

Welcome

Welcome to my life everyone. Considering how much free time I have this summer, I figured I would start the whole blogging thing so that all interested can keep up with my cool life (haha, kidding).

Today, Father's Day, has been pretty good. The college Sunday school this morning produced a nice discussion on Godly characteristics of a father, with a few ensuing laughs at the rather humorous answers. Our preacher is currently on a series of sermons about "The third word in our church's name," which is "Baptist." Dr. Foust noted that one of the things that are characteristic of being a Baptist is the focus on a personal relationship will Jesus Christ. I often find it irritating that people focus so much on "going through the motions" and doing the church thing in a specified way, and "saying the right things" in worship. I liked this point, as I think that all relationships, no matter who it is with, are different. Therefore, everyone's relationship with Jesus Christ may take a different shape or form, and everyone may worship in a different way, depending on how they feel. There is not one right or wrong way to worship, it is all about your relationship with him and how you make it grow:) Anyways, I will admit that I did not pay attention to much of the sermon after this because my brain was throwing all this around.

After church, my Dad, Mom, and Grandmother enjoyed a nice lunch of pot roast, potatoes, carrots, home-skillet cornbread, green beans, salad, and pound cake with strawberries and whip cream for dessert. This was followed by a cup of coffee and a nice relaxing thirty minutes of some U.S. Open viewing. Jamie and I continued our streak of workouts this summer by lifting some weights. This consisted of bench press, curls, close grip bench, upright rows, 100 push-ups, and 250 sit-ups. We have been pretty consistent this summer with our workouts, running about 5 times a week and playing tennis very often. We will also start biking as soon as my Dad's bike gets out of the shop. I will be keeping my blog updated with our workouts, for all interested, and for anyone that is in Birmingham and would like to run some trails, bike, or lift weights, I would love for some more company.

We are about to head down to the final night of City Stages, with the schedule tonight consisting of Puddle of Mud, Breaking Benjamin, and Three Days Grace, all back to back.......this, in my opinion, is a pretty solid lineup. On Friday night, I saw one of my favorite bands, Hawthorne Heights rock out for a little bit. I saw them play last summer in Boston, MA at some underground club, and they did not disappoint at either gig. On Saturday night, we enjoyed some New Orleans Blues from Dr. John. I was actually pretty impressed with the gig, it was a lot better than I thought that it would be. At one point, he was playing 2 keyboards simultaneously, a feat that I'm sure 99.9% of people can't do. Anyways, I'm off to shower to get ready for some music, I may add on later.

No comments: