6.22.2007

Bored at Work

I'm bored at work because my boss is in Montgomery, and I've pretty much done all that I can do for the day. I'm testing out the "Add Image" feature, hence the UPS logo on the left side. As for today's highlights, I pretty much dominated Excel, did some very informing data analysis, and made a few strides in my quest to learning VBA. During the data analysis, I found the need to perform a hypothesis test for the difference between two different sets of data. I had to do a little bit of preliminary research regarding p-values, because I couldn't remember on which side of the value constituted a rejection. I found a pretty cool web site that actually carried out the test for me: http://www.graphpad.com/quickcalcs/. Anyways, the p-value was .1168, so by conventional criteria, this difference is considered to be not statistically significant becuase the value is above the commonly chosen standard of .05. Basically, this means that the two sets of data that I was comparing were not statistically different (if they were, I would have had to rethink my approach to tracking the results of our project, and that would suck). In thirteen minutes, it will be the weekend!


No comments: