6.28.2007

Finally

We FINALLY got the go ahead for the implementation of our car changes at UPS. For the past few days, Nic (the other intern) and I have been battling the Dispatch Supervisors in a "We want to save money and follow corporate decisions vs. We don't want to piss off drivers" all out brawl. Actually, it wasn't too bad, but it really makes you see why Industrial Engineers are needed in the business world because of their people skills (not that other disciplines do not have any people skills). The trucks will be switched to their new locations following their daily washing after Thursday's routes are run. I have to come into work at 4 a.m. on Friday morning to make sure that this all goes smoothly. The Preload starts at around 4:45 a.m., so we need to make sure that all the trucks are in the right spot before the packers try to load them........or else, chaos will be incurred!

Also, I received my work schedule for next week. Since volume goes down during 4th of July week, UPS [encourages] workers to take time off that week. That being the case, the IE department traditionally steps up its duties during that week, covering all work shifts between the department. I will be working the Local Sort on Monday and Thursday (1 a.m. to 7 a.m., and on Tuesday and Friday I will be coming in at the end of the Preload (7 a.m.). My sleep schedule is going to be really jacked up next week.

Jamie and I lifted some weights after I got off work, and at 6:30 we will be going on a bike ride, with Phil possibly joining us.

This just in: I have received my tickets to the Projekt Revolution Tour in Atlanta, GA on August 7th, headlining bands such as Linkin Park, TAKING BACK SUNDAY, My Chemical Romance, Saosin, and others. My dad literally just handed me the evelop seconds ago. One funny note though, I ordered my tickets off Ticketmaster's online web site, and it says they send them to you in an unmarked envelope (to prevent theft). The envelop I received had this return address on it:

AFTER 5 DAYS RETURN TO:
Customer Service
1000 Corporate Landing
Charleston, West Virginia 25311

Haha! After the initial confusion went away, I had a good laugh. Time to ride.

No comments: