12.30.2012

Of Christmas and Pools

Dec 24 - Dec 30
S:  26,350 yds - 6hr 23min
B:  107.05 mi - 6hr 53min
R:  40.14 mi - 5hr 26min
Total:  18hr 43min

So, I was off work this week and managed to get some quality play-time in.  And it mostly involved Christmas and pools.  The stars aligned with company holidays on Christmas Eve/Day and now New Years Eve/Day, so I perfectly placed my remaining 3 days of vacation to bridge the gap in order to get 11 straight days of no work!  Christmas was pretty awesome.  We had the whole family at my parents house for 2 days at the start of the week which meant tons of great food and fellowship.  The rest of the week consisted of getting to see a handful of old out-of-town friends as well as some quality exercise time.  Obviously, I was a frequent visitor to the pool this week.  My biggest swim week so far this year was around 17-18k, so 26k just blew that out of the water.  This should bode well for next year (I hope). 

No comments: