4.01.2012

Rumpshaker 5k, etc

Mar 26 - Apr 1

S:  11,900 yds - 2hr 49min
B:  132.08 mi - 7hr 32min
R:  28.81 mi - 3hr 34min
Total:  13hr 55min

What appears to be a light week is really not so much, at least that's what the legs are sayin'.  Monday and Tuesday were essentially off, so everything was crammed into a Wednesday through Sunday.  As the title says, at the last second I decided to sign up for the Rumpshaker 5k...mainly because of the super cool name.  Since run fitness is starting to develop after 3 months of consistent 40 mile weeks, I really wanted to test out the engine on a flat-ish course.  Not too much to say other than a 9th overall and my first time under 18 minutes for 5k.  Although the 5k was fun, it really made the rest of the weekend pretty tough.  There are plenty of races that trash the legs, but for me a properly executed "pass out at the finish line" 5k really takes it out of me.  Luckily for me, Saturday and Sunday were both 3 hour tough bike sessions, including a great end to the weekend seen below:

"oh my..."

3 comments:

lbird133 said...

I agree--nothing makes me more sore than an all-out 5k.

lbird133 said...

this is jeff, btw.

Chad Williamson said...

haha yea I recognized that from your gmail address.