4.30.2012

1 More Week

Apr 23 - Apr 29
 
S:  15,348 yds - 3hr 55min
B:  170.19 mi - 9hr 31min
R:  42.93 mi - 5hr 20min
Total:  18hr 46min

Whew!  It was a good week of a more-than-generous amount of intensity on the bike and my normal dose of swimming and running.  Part of me thinks that Brian was trying to see how much threshold riding I could handle on the bike in one weekend before cracking.  Saturday was quite rough, mainly due to temperatures in the high 80's and running out of fluids, but Sunday felt a lot better...probably because I had a good early birthday steak lunch to fuel up before the ride!  What makes this all worth it is that I'm one week away from my 2012 triathlon debut at Rev 3 Knoxville (olympic), and I'm pretty excited to see how it goes.  This year has been a pretty drastic change in training structure; and after racing a half marathon, a duathlon, a 5k, and tracking progress through daily workouts, it's pretty clear that it has been a good change!

No comments: