4.22.2012

"Get the work done"

Apr 16 - Apr 22
 
S:  15,398 yds - 3hr 51min
B:  140.05 mi - 7hr 33min
R:  44.43 mi - 5hr 47min
Total:  17hr 12min

Probably one of the best weekends I've had in awhile, mainly because I got to see all my favorite people!  I headed down to Tuscaloosa on Friday to watch the USA Triathlon Collegiate National Championship that would take place the next day.  The race was pretty fun to watch because instead of just mindlessly watching athletes fall all over themselves while they try to mount their bikes coming out of transition (which is actually pretty entertaining), I was tasked with calling out splits for Jay McCurdy as he balled his way to an 8th place overall finish.  Birmingham's own Hallie Blunck took 3rd overall in the female race, and Sara Phelps BEAT DOWN the entire field in the female open race for a 2:30 margin of victory.  Also, Marcus Farris and Kendrick Gibson took 2nd and 6th in the men's open race.  I'm proud to say that my friends straight up dominated this weekend!

I really enjoyed hanging out and watching some racing this weekend...but like it says, that's no excuse to start slacking.  One of the highlights of the weekend was a double run day on Saturday, culminating in a "trip down memory lane" run through campus and around the quad, stopping briefly at Denny Chimes to stretch and soak it in.  Sunday was of course a long ride with K and S through Lake Lurleen State Park and surrounding areas.  And as tradition would have it, the trip ended with a stop at Chipotle for a monster steak burrito...yum!

Denny Chimes

No comments: