9.28.2007

Busy-ness

I have not posted in awhile, as I have been fairly busy lately. I won't even try to cover everything that I missed, so if you are really interested, you can just ask me. Last night, I cycled in a 10 mile Time Trial along with several other Alabama Triathletes with the Druid City Bicycle Club. My legs were still pretty fatigued from Tuesday's interval track workout and 27 mile bike ride. I managed to average between 21 and 22 mph for the time trial, which I was happy with. I'm pretty sure i could do 23+ mph on rested legs. I plan on swimming later today and going on a bike ride/run tomorrow morning.
Last night at the Well, Ben had a very interesting topic to speak about. He talked about the fact that we always feel like we have to perform for someone...whether it be school, sports, or even for God himself. However, it is not like that at all. Performance does not matter. We are not judged by our worldly accomplishments. When you get to the gates of heaven, you are not asked "How many A's did you make in college?" or "How many basketball games did you win?" What really matters is your relationship with God and what is on the inside.
I am going home this weekend to celebrate my Dad's 50th birthday, so that should be fun. I plan on eating very well.

No comments: