9.17.2012

Back to Normal

Sept 10 - Sept 16
S:  7,791 yds - 1hr 50min
B:  121.89 mi - 6hr 43min
R:  16.73 mi - 2hr 10min
Total:  10hr 43min

At first glance the volume appears light, but that was only 4 days of work after bagging Monday through Wednesday with an upper respiratory infection.  Thursday brought back some cool weather and some easy training.  Friday was easy as well, and with the weekend came some solid biking.  In fact, it may have been not so solid as I completely cracked on my Sunday long ride.  I don't think that it's really ever happened like that this year and I usually take a fair amount of pride in getting through tough bike workouts without folding, but I guess it was a good learning experience.  Next up is a return to my normal weekly schedule, which I have certainly missed after spending the last month racing all over the place.  A solid 2 weeks of training will culminate with a 4 day family beach trip (which will clearly be a run and ocean swim heavy weekend).  The last race on my schedule is the Rev3 South Carolina half ironman on October 14th.  Based on how things have been going, I've got plenty of fitness to get a good result.  The main goal, however, might be to not screw up nutrition like I have every other half ironman I've ever done.

No comments: