7.16.2012

Humidity...

July 9 - July 15
S:  15,050 yds - 3hr32min
B:  127.40 mi - 6hr 52min
R:  22.33 mi - 2hr 50min
Total:  13hr 14min

Well, it seems that the 105 degree heat has cooled off a little bit, but the humidity is outrageous.  If I had to guess, my weight probably fluctuates +/- 5 to 7 pounds a day, potentially multiple times per day.  Crazy.  Anyways, enough complaining...it was a pretty standard week except for lower than normal run volume.  After a dismal performance at Chattanooga, a much needed rest day was in order on Monday which subsequently made most of this week's workouts pretty stellar.  I probably felt the best that I think I've ever felt on the bike on Sunday's grueling threshold/tempo set, so that was pretty encouraging after getting my butt whooped last week in Chattanooga.  Next up is the Music City Triathlon in Nashville this coming weekend.  It has always proven to be pretty hot in this race (July in the southeast, duh).  The bike is on a wide open highway (allowing you to get baked), and the run is super hilly with pretty much no shade (allowing you to get baked again).  If history holds, it should be a fun day!

2 comments:

jacob t. said...

Dannnnnng. That is a serious workout. Mega props for pulling that off. Takes a lot of discipline to do that, especially in this weather.

Chad Williamson said...

thanks man! for whatever reason, I was feeling better than usual...I think maybe because the day before was a lighter workout load than normal. it was tough physically, but from a mental standpoint I was in good condition because the legs felt fresh and snappy. I can think back to workouts that I've done that weren't quite as hard on paper but would end up "feeling" much harder due to the mind not being in it. the mind sure is a powerful thing!