7.04.2012

Alabama State TT Championship

June 25 - July 1
S:  11,841 yds - 2hr 47min
B:  144.07 mi - 7hr 12min
R:  33.17 mi - 4hr 20min
Total:  14hr 19min

Last weekend was the Alabama State Time Trial Championship.  The course was just short of 40k..about 23.5 miles total.  It was a very hilly out-and-back route with about 1,600 feet of climbing, and temperatures at the 9am start time were close to 100 degrees with a heat index of closer to 105 degrees  The short of it is that I won the Cat 5 race by 5min 30sec.  Things started out well for the first half of the race; power was high and steady...but the weather really started heating up on the way back and it was pretty much survival mode for the last half of the race.  Power didn't drop off too much but I felt like my head was about to explode in the heat, and on top of that I figured out how to drop my chain with around 3 miles to go, which cost me around 45-50 seconds.  I figured I was handling the heat better than most though, which turned out to be true based on the carnage in the parking lot after the race.  All in all, it was a good training day.

On top of the podium

No comments: