2.19.2012

A little bike testing, and stuff

Feb 13 - Feb 19

S:  14,700 yds - 3hr 36min
B:  122.68 mi - 7hr 20min
R:  40.17 mi - 5hr 1min
Total:  15hr 57min

With last week being focused mostly on running, this week brought back some bike volume...back to back 3 hour rides this weekend, with Saturday being a 30' all out TT to finally get a good handle on my functional threshold power, and Sunday being a pretty tough set of 5x8' threshold intervals.  Luckily,  I've got some really good (and very fit) friends who are as crazy as I am who rode along with me for Saturday's TT and Sunday's intervals to give me some extra motivation! 

The test went extremely well.  I averaged around 15 more watts than I've ever even done for 20', and this was a 30' effort!  Now, of course that means that Sunday's set was at a little higher wattage than previous threshold sets, but that's what it's all about...continuous improvement.  On the bicycle, as with any other part of life, I think that complacency is one of your worst enemies.  Whether it's copping out and doing easy bike sets because it's "easier" and doesn't hurt as bad, or slacking off at work and not pursing the knowledge needed for the job, or slacking in your faith and not pursuing God in all parts of life, it all leads to one thing: no growth...no growth as an athlete, no growth in your career, and no growth in your spiritual life.

2 comments:

Ben Sholes said...

Keep rockin' on, mang. When's your next race?

Chad Williamson said...

first race is a duathlon at the end of March...can't wait!