2.27.2008

Concatenate!

The other day, I made it my goal to use the CONCATENATE function in Excel at work for something meaningful...and today I did! I was running a bunch of queries in Access, and for the criteria for the queries I had to input anywhere between 20 and 70 six digit meter station numbers...about 7 different times. I had already ran a query to get these numbers and imported it into Excel, and then I used the concatenate function to put all of the desired meter numbers in a text string with an "OR" statement in between each one. It was awesome. Also, I have listed below another interesting formula that I used the other day in Excel.

=IF(ISERR(SEARCH("check",B2))=TRUE,"","YES")

I can't even remember what I used it for, but I remember thinking that it looked kind of crazy so I e-mailed it to myself, haha.
In other news, I think I aggravated my IT band so I don't think that I will be running for awhile.

No comments: