5.06.2013

Insert Creative-non-race-update Title Here

Apr 29 - May 5
S:  13,710 yds - 3hr 23min
B:  179.22 mi - 9hr 56min
R:  29.02 mi - 3hr 42min
Total:  17hr 1min 

Finally, a somewhat "normal" and rather solid week in the bag, culminating with a ridiculous but very rewarding bike set!  After racing last weekend I had one more week of solid training to get in before getting back into the half ironman distance at Gulf Coast Triathon.  You just can't beat racing at the beach!  If history repeats itself the Gulf of Mexico swim will likely be super choppy, the bike will be super windy but still fast, and the run will be super hot but awesome.  Seeing as how it's been so cold around here lately, temperatures might be pretty ideal for this race, which is typically pretty toasty.   I'm also looking forward to going head-to-head with fellow Alabamian Chris Borden.  After chatting with Chris late last year, he soon signed on with Brian at Accelerate3 and has subsequently starting crushing it...should be a good race!  Also, the next few weeks will bring a change in how I spend about half of my training time...here's a hint:

clue #1

3 comments:

-Borden said...

I was wondering why I was getting all these hits from your blog.

I'm headed down Thursday morning to soak up some PCB sunshine. I can't wait to see you. :)

Accelerate3 said...

You're going to be a Father and name your kid Luke?

Chad Williamson said...

Lucky...wish I could get down there early!