6.03.2012

Traveling, 5k, and a Wedding

May 21 - May 27
S:  8,106 yds - 2hr 7min
B:  172.53 mi - 9hr 20min
R:  25.02 mi - 3hr 16min
Total:  14hr 44min

May 28 - June 3
S:  6,000 yds - 1hr 27min
B:  62.92 mi - 3hr 22min
R:  37.52 mi - 4hr 49min
Total:  9hr 38min

The last 2 weeks have been pretty busy with things other than triathlon, hence the lower than normal volume.  Memorial Day weekend was spent on Lake Martin with Gaston and his wife and a couple of her friends.  While the girls slept in and stuff, Gaston and I knocked out 60-65 miles on the bike on both days, followed by eating and floating around the lake all day before sneaking in an afternoon run.  The plan was to get in some OW swimming as well, but that didn't happen because the lake was too choppy due to all of the boat traffic! 

This past week was rather light on cycling and swimming due to a work trip to Houston and a trip to Kentucky for the Gibson/Phelps wedding, but I was able to finally get some decent run quality and mileage in.  On Saturday, most of the wedding party raced a 5k in Clarksville, TN, so that was pretty cool.  Like an idiot, I forgot my racing flats in Birmingham...that's good for like 5 seconds/mile right??  I probably went out too hard (mile 1 in 5:31), but there was a slight tailwind on the way out and headwind on the way back so the pacing wasn't as horrid as it may seem (although I still think I left some time on the table).  I finished 3rd overall in 17:49 and manged to sneak out a new PR by 4 seconds, which is always a good consolation prize.  

No comments: