5.13.2012

Some Training and Some Racing

May 7 - May 13
 
S:  11,448 yds - 2hr 52min
B:  111.03 mi - 6hr 12min
R:  30.84 mi - 3hr 53min
Total:  12hr 58min

Low-ish hours due to a Sunday race and an off/light Monday and Tuesday, but Wednesday was back to work and Saturday was some more fast racing and a win at the Clay House 5k.  Straight from the gun, I jumped out to he front with 2 other guys.  They quickly passed me and I opted to sit right on their hip and wait to see what would happen.  We hit the first mile in 5:38 and soon after one of the other guys dropped back, leaving me and one other guy.  I continued to sit on his hip and let him set the pace.  Mile 2 was a little slower at 5:52.  The 3rd mile included a slight incline for around a half mile.  At 2.25 miles and at the start of the incline, I heard the guy starting to breathe loud and hard, so I figured now was as good a time as any to make a move.  I moved to the side and went for it, glancing back once after 20 seconds to survey the gap and then it was all out to the finish for an overall time of 17:53.  All in all, it was a fun race for a good cause.

Clay House 5k

1 comment:

Capt. Kirk said...

Chad, I really enjoyed reading this in light of the hip you were sitting on, and the loud and hard breathing was provided free of charge from a Master runner friend of mine. The attack point was also an excellent illustration.
You must pick on someone your own age next time;-)
your Pal, Kirk