1.03.2009

2008

Overall, 2008 was an excellent year. I started a new job, went on some cool road trips, met some cool people, and did a bunch of triathlons and other races. Mostly, however, my time was taken up by work and training. Here is 2008 by the numbers:

races for the year
triathlons- 9
crits/road races- 5
road races (running): 3

total distances for the year
swim: 112 miles
bike: 3,215 miles
run: 430 miles
rowing: 84 miles
total training: around 350 hrs


The majority of swimming, biking, and running took place during the months of March through mid-October. After my last triathlon of the year in October, I took 6 weeks completely off and then started to ease back into things, only to find out that I need shoulder surgery. It's not a major surgery, so it should not hold me back too much. I'm going to crank out a lot of Z2 work on the trainer to minimize my losses so it's all good. As for 2009, I'm pretty pumped about the upcoming races. Compared to this time last year, I'm in exponentially better shape, and I possess a lot more knowledge about how to train and race strategy. Plus, I got my brand new bike and I love it!

As for my 2009 goals, I have a few. Just for the sake of competition, me and my brothers are going without sweets for the month of January. Actually, we can have only 1 serving a week. If anyone messes up they have to run 5 miles on a course of the other two brother's choice. Keith and Eric better hope they don't mess up, because I know all the steep grades around Birmingham, haha. Other goals include the following (in no particular order):

1. get a raise/ bonus at work
2. continue to further my knowledge of the natural gas industry
3. follow my budget
4. stay injury-free
5. grow our Sunday school class
6. grow closer to the Lord
7. read more
8. improve from last year at every triathlon that I do
9. qualify for Age Group Nationals
10. take a cool vacation




No comments: