7.16.2007

Hilly Ride

Work was boring today, so I will not comment about. Also, if your name is Heather Wiginton, then I am mad at you:)
Jamie, Phil, and I went on a [check the title of this entry] bike ride this evening. We rode to Hoover High, up Brock's Gap (massive hill), and then all the way up Shades Crest Road (long hill) before flying down Patton Chapel and coming home through the Preserve. We averaged slightly over 15.1 mph for the ride, which was surprising considering that more than half the ride was up some kind of hill.
I am about halfway through reading Running with the Buffaloes...and thus far, I am pretty impressed. The workouts that the University of Colorado's Cross Country Team does are insane. The top runners are averaging anywhere from 80 to 110 miles a week, and most of it is at a pace of 6:15 or under. I might could run a 5K at that pace, but nothing more. However, that might be different if I ran more than like 10-15 miles a week. I think that during the Fall, I am going to attempt 40 miles a week for as long as a can...and we will see what happens.
I'm pretty tired, I think I'm going to read some and go to bed. Cheers.

No comments: