6.21.2007

Its Almost Friday

For whatever reason, this week has seemed like the longest week ever. All day today, it kept on feeling like a Friday, and then disappointment would set in as I realized it was indeed only Thursday, oh well:( Work went pretty good......I got in a zone as soon as 8 a.m. rolled around, and completed the MPG Optimizer for rest of the Central Division. I also completed a Birmingham Car Switch Summary, at the request of the Building Manager. I believe I slightly impressed John Rich, the Package Planner Manager when I showed him the summary of how much money we could save!

After work, I headed to get my haircut and to get a long needed car cleaning at Anthony's Car Wash. The last time that my car got washed was some point over Christmas break......which was basically half a year ago. Needless to say, it needed a good washing. I received a pleasant surprise today, as I was filling up with gas....Heather called me and asked me "blah, blah, blah" and all of the sudden she is right behind my at the gas pump, crazy! After giving her the iPod USB connector that she so graciously let me borrow, I headed home.

Jamie and I knocked out a solid [estimated] 3.2 miles in approximately 21 minutes on our normal loop through the Preserve. The first 5 minutes or so are basically uphill on pavement until we hit the trail in the back of the Preserve. At this point, we hop on a pines straw/root/rock trail that is more or less slightly declined until we have about 1.5 miles left to go. At this point, we hit a pretty short but steep hill, head on to an uphill road for about a half mile, and then the last mile is basically all declined. We started moving well once we hit the trail, and the last mile we were haulin', finishing with a nice sprint for last 3/10 of a mile. After contemplating doing our round of push-ups/sit-ups, I declined the internal offer.

The plan for tomorrow is to lift some weights and pay a visit to the bank to deposit some checks and get an application notarized before heading down to Tuscaloosa for the weekend. I plan on relaxing this weekend, but Jason and I may take the double (or pair) out for a row, whichever one it is rigged as. I haven't been on the water in a few weeks, so I would like to do this. If not, I may go run a few-miler.

I forgot how much I like My Chemical Romance's second album, Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. I do not sponsor the act of sweet revenge in any way, I just think that the music behind it is good:)

No comments: